Is your startup one of our Next Heroes in Food- & Agtech?
F&A Next is all about innovation and connecting game changing Food & Agri start-ups and scale-ups to dedicated investors and innovative corporates. Aside from the many network opportunities that are offered throughout the event, we offer 16 most promising start-ups a special opportunity to take stage at the event and present themselves to the entire audience as ‘Next Heroes in Food- & Agtech’. A great opportunity since the audience consist of an international and influential group of key stakeholders in the industry, including investors, corporates and media.
How many startups are selected to present at F&A Next?
We select 16 start-ups, of which eight companies in food-tech and eight in agtech. Will you be one of them?
What does the presentation / pitch on stage entail?
You get 3 minutes to present yourself to the audience, amongst which a small expert panel. After your presentation you have a 3-minute Q&A session with the expert panel.
What’s in it for you?
If you apply for the F&A Next Pitches you become part of the F&A Next and FoodBytes! databases and receive updates on opportunities in the Food & Ag space, insights on trends, and resources to keep developing as an entrepreneur. You also benchmark of your performance compared to similar businesses (sales traction, growth, international..).
If you are one of the 16 start-ups to get selected, you benefit additionally from:
- One free entree ticket to the full F&A Next program on 13 & 14 May 2020, giving you access to key network opportunities.
- Pitching on Stage of your innovations and solutions to leading corporates, investors, media, and other stakeholders that can help you grow.
- Display corner where your products/solutions are shown for one of the two event days.
- Media exposure through logos shared on F&A Next website and company profiles shared with all event attendees and media.
- The chance to be selected as “People’s Choice” company
You should apply if…
- You are between Pre-seed and Seed Series A stages
- You are working on a truly innovative product or technology with an application in food and/or agriculture.
- You have developed a solution in Food Tech such as packaging, foodservice, food e-commerce, alternative proteins, etc.
- You have a game changing AgTech idea to offer, like precision ag, sustainable inputs, drones/ robotics, etc.
- You are disrupting a large market with a focus on sustainability and / or social impact (people, profit and planet)
- You’re open to feedback, cross-collaboration and partnerships!
How does F&A Next evaluate and review the pitch applications?
Pitch applications are evaluated according to the same guidelines as used by FoodBytes!
High-ranking startups exhibit the following criteria:
Team Background: Exceptional domain and entrepreneurial experience
Business Model: Company has a strong view on its revenue model, competitors, how to scale, customer acquisition and cost base. Company knows its margins and how it can improve as it scales
Market Opportunity: High growth market opportunity and high barriers to entry
Product Innovation: Concept is a game-changing approach to solving a problem or gap in the market
Product Validation & Traction: Team is on track or building a successful business and is building something that consumers or the industry needs / wants. Company was able to raise external funds
Sustainability / Social Impact: Concept is focused on the triple bottom line: people, profit and planet
When to apply?
Applications close on March 15th 2020.
How to apply?
Fill in the online application form, which you find by clicking on the following apply button.
Powered by FoodBytes!
F&A Next and FoodBytes! by Rabobank have joined forces in organizing the startup pitches at F&A Next 2020. FoodBytes! started as a pitch event in 2015 but has evolved into a leading food and agriculture innovation ecosystem. FoodBytes! is a discovery and networking platform that builds lasting connections between cutting-edge Food & Ag startups, corporates and investors. Aside from internationally hosted pitch events, FoodBytes! offers workshops, business growth mentorship, investment speed dating and more.