F&A Next is all about innovation and connecting game changing Food & Agri tech startups and scale-ups to dedicated investors and innovative corporates. Aside from the many network opportunities that are offered throughout the event, we offer 10 most promising agrifoodtech startups a special opportunity to take the stage at the event and present themselves to the entire audience as ‘Next Heroes in Food & Agtech’. A great opportunity since our audience consist of an international and influential group of key stakeholders in the industry, including many investors, corporates and media.
We select 10 agrifoodtech startups, of which 5 companies in pre-seed/seed stage and 5 in series A/B stage. Will you be one of them?
You’ll have 3 minutes to present yourself on stage to the live and online audience, amongst which a small expert panel. After your presentation you have a 3-minute Q&A session with the expert panel.
If you are one of the startups to be selected, your benefits are:
- One free (in-person ticket to F&A Next, giving you access to key network opportunities.
- Pitching your innovations and solutions to leading corporates, investors, media, and other stakeholders that can help you grow.
- One-on-one Pitch Training with a professional pitch coach (optional)
- Pitch Deck workshop by Anterra Capital
- Media exposure: Your logo and short company profile with be shared with all event attendees and media.
- The distinguished title ‘Next Hero in Food & Agtech 2024′
- The chance of winning the “Feike Sijbesma Sustainable Innovation Award 2024“, including a winners grant of €25,000
Feike Sijbesma Sustainable Innovation Award 2024
If you are selected as one of the 10 ‘Next Heroes in Food & Agtech 2024’, you automatically enter the competition for the Feike Sijbesma Sustainable Innovation Award 2024, which comes with a prize grant of €25,000.
This award, named in honor of Feike Sijbesma (former DSM CEO), who is renowned for making a significant impact with sustainable innovations in his capacity as a global corporate leader, is empowered by DSM Brighter Living Foundation to promote science-based solutions from innovative startups around the world.
What previous 'Next Heroes in Food & Agtech' have to say!
Follow in the footsteps of the startups that were previously selected as ‘Next Heroes in Food & Agtech 2023‘.
Apply if your startup is
- working on a truly innovative and sustainable product or technology with an application in food and/or agriculture.
- aiming for impact at scale with a focus on sustainability (people, profit and planet) and climate resilient agrifood systems.
- on track or building a successful business and is building something that consumers or the industry needs / wants.
- anywhere from Pre-seed to Series-B stage. (Startup is not older than 10 years)
- actively looking for funding or partnerships
Needless to say, we only take your application into consideration when you meet the above qualification criteria.
How does F&A Next evaluate and review the pitch applications?
High-ranking startups exhibit the following evaluation criteria, so make sure to include all this information in your pitch deck!
A) Team Background:
Exceptional domain and entrepreneurial experience
B) Business Model:
Company has a strong view on its revenue model, competitors, how to scale, customer acquisition and cost base. Company knows its margins and how it can improve as it scales
C) Market Opportunity:
High growth market opportunity and high barriers to entry
D) Product Innovation:
Concept is a game-changing approach to solving a problem or gap in the market
E) Product Validation & Traction:
Team is on track or building a successful business and is building something that consumers or the industry needs / wants. Company was able to raise external funds
F) Sustainability / Social Impact:
Concept is focused on the triple bottom line: people, profit and planet
Applications close on Thursday, 29 February 2024 at 23:59 Central European Time (CET).
How to apply?
Fill in the online application form, which you find by clicking on the following apply button.