On 9 December, StartLife, co-founder of F&A Next, celebrates its 10-year jubilee. The Dutch agrifoodtech accelerator welcomes the entire F&A community to join its online anniversary, which includes the presentation of nine startups that will then complete StartLife’s acceleration program.
Register for StartLife’s 10-year Jubilee Graduation Day
Rise of agrifoodtech accelerator
In November 2010 StartLife was founded by, among others, Wageningen University & Research. What started off as a Center for Entrepreneurship that promoted and fostered entrepreneurship among students of Wageningen University has grown into an international agrifoodtech accelerator, supporting hundreds of startups in growing their businesses and making a change.
In 2016 StartLife was one of the initiators of the F&A Next summit. The fifth edition of F&A Next, which took place earlier this year, attracted well over 1,100 participants from almost 70 countries. The full virtual event was a great success and inspired other events in the agrifood sector to follow suit. StartLife build on this experience to organize a grand virtual jubilee event, to which you are invited.
Fall 2020 cohort
Twice a year StartLife runs an acceleration program for promising tech startups in food & agri. The startups of the fall 2020 cohort are introducing new technologies that tackle global challenges such as diminishing food waste, boosting sustainable production and enhancing productivity. With technologies like artificial intelligence, robotics, machine learning, encapsulation, RFID and spectrometers the new batch of startups is keen to modernize and reshape the food industry. StartLife looks forward to also presenting these startups to you during its Jubilee Graduation Day.
StartLife’s virtual jubilee program
(Time = Central European Time)
15.00 – Celebrating 10 Years of StartLife
From 2010 to 2020 and looking ahead to 2030, with
- Ernst van den Ende – Chairman of StartLife Foundation | Managing Director Plant Sciences Group of Wageningen University & Research
- Constantijn van Oranje – Special Envoy at Techleap.nl
- Jan Meiling – Managing Director of StartLife
15.25 Unveiling new StartLife logo
15.30 – Graduation StartLife Accelerate Fall 2020 – Startup Pitches
- Blakbear (UK) – Package-level freshness visibility boosting product shelf-life
- Healthycrop (Denmark) – Solutions that enable fungicide free agriculture
- Iamus (Ireland) – Revolutionize the poultry industry with robotics and AI
- KomraVision (Estonia) – Material analysis with next generation dynamic optics
- Mylium (Netherlands) – Producing circular fungal textiles
- Plantik (France) – Engineering the plants of tomorrow, unthinkably faster
- Sphera Encapsulation (Italy) – Sustainable encapsulation technologies
- TuttiFoodi (Netherlands) – 100% natural food preservation technology
- Vertigo (Netherlands) – Fresh fruit quality control with microwave measurements
16.25 – Surprise
16.30 – Virtual Networking
- Startup Round Tables | small breakout sessions with the startups
- Network Carousel | pursue serendipities through random speed dating sessions
- 1-on-1 Networking | meet real-time with another participant of your choice
17.30 – Closing